What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuff to do in san francisco

• Thread starter Treaqum
  • Start date
What must I do in San Francisco? I've been down Lombard Street before. But I wanted to know what museums and things there were to see. I have searched the iternet but most tourist sites tell a lot about Gay night clubs and similar stuff that I don't think I'd want to visit. Besides Calif Carn, Berkeley BG and the Palace of the Legion of Honor any other suggestions.

isnt the montery bay aquarium nearby?

Possibly. I will look it up. Jeez the mods are going to be insane b/c all my new topics today.

Oh yah and the fish warf thing where all the seafood places are. try not to kick the seagulls that wander in your way

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]isnt the montery bay aquarium nearby?

No. lol From San Fran it would probably take you some 3 hours (maybe less) to get there if you include traffic. I'll see if I can come up with any ideas for what to do in San Fran... Haven't been there too many times myself, though.

Go to the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park. I posted some photos here a while back. Hmm, I'll post a couple here. Anyway, it has some nice Nepenthes, and is cool overall.

When are you coming out?

Conservatory pics:
Nep_8.sized.jpg

Nep_5.sized.jpg

Nep_4.sized.jpg

Conservatory.sized.jpg

Yes I have been to the wharf (Last time I was in S.F. for only part of a day). The sea lions were cool, laying right up on the docks and everything. Actually when I was quite a bit south I went swimmng with them (I did not know they were there).

Jun. 14-22nd but flying in on the 14th (in the morn) and out on the 22nd (in the morn). Definatly going to Golden Gate Park, Berkeley, Davis (hopefully to meet Barry), probibly a bit south, and of course C.C. (Peters). I hope to get info to a place to see Darlingtonia and then I'll be over there. anyone who can give a tour please feel free

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No.  lol  From San Fran it would probably take you some 3  hours (maybe less) to get there if you include traffic.  I'll see if I can come up with any ideas for what to do in San Fran...  Haven't been there too many times myself, though

I live in the middle of nowhere and must go that distance to shop for sanything that kmart wont carry. 3 hours IS nearby

Its feasability depends on how far your willing to drive

Chinatown! That and the BACPS

No CPs at the Exploratorium, but it's fun for anyone of any age interested in science.

Surely you all must be mildly insane! No mention of the Steinhart Aquarium in Golden Gate Park? BAD!!! And they just got in a brand new San Francisco Garter Snake into their reptile collection. WOTTA beautiful snake!!!!

I'll see what I can fit in. THe plan is to drive North to Seattle and hit some major CP areas. Besides hotels in S.F. are so expensive. So I'll only be staying in the area for a couple days maybe three.

Tre, I live near San Fran.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ June 05 2005,10:08)]Tre, I live near San Fran.
Cool... My sister-in-law lives there.

Next time I come out there, we'll have to get in touch.

Oh yeah. I forgot. Well I have a good memory

try the sourdough!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ June 05 2005,4:55)]Surely you all must be mildly insane! No mention of the Steinhart Aquarium in Golden Gate Park? BAD!!! And they just got in a brand new San Francisco Garter Snake into their reptile collection. WOTTA beautiful snake!!!!
haha I was just going to post about that untill I got to your post... Hey I thought I heard that the Steinhart is closed for remodeling untill like 2007?

Other places to check out would be the Japanese Tea Gardens in Golden Gate Park, the Planetarium, Alcatraz Island, the Golden Gate Bridge. There really are a LOT of great places to go in SF.

Cheers
Steve

check out the mission district.

Back