What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop, go look at the moon - now

We interrupt this presidential race & world series for a total lunar eclipse.  If you haven't checked it out yet, go look.  It is just beginning as I post this.  It will be visible from most of the Americas, clouds permitting.  This will be the last total lunar eclipse until 2007 so try to catch it.
(Then go read my other post...)

I've been looking at it for a while now.It's neat!

Jerry

stupid clouds! it's always like that. if it's not clouds, it's pollution or artificial lights, or the freezing cold, ... but SOMETHING always has to happen when I want to watch some astronomy thing. ugh.

I got my telescope out and am watching it. It looks amazing, no clouds in sight!
biggrin.gif

I have a few pics I can post later...

It was awesome! It was cool how it was changing colors. darn clouds got in my way after a while though

Unfortunately it was cloudy here on wensday so I was unable to see iy:( I saw a real nice one in OK once though:)

We saw it here in Brevard County. At least, until right after it got all red.. it was 11:30 by then and I should've been asleep. Why can't this ever happen on a FRIDAY or a SATURDAY?

Sorry this took so long but...

Eclipse05_10_27_04_web.jpg

Eclipse06_10_27_04_web.jpg

Good pics Dyflam. I missed the eclipse as my wife and I were doing parent-teacher conferences. By the time we got done the clouds had moved in.

Back