What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stocks

hi everyone!

does anyone know how i would go about buying some stock? you see, there's this stock that i want to buy, but i have no idea how to buy it!

any thoughts?

thanks,
technoracer

There's several different ways to buy depending on the stock.
If you're a beginner you might want to call a major brokerage firm in your area and tell them you need to speak to a broker.
That's probably the easiest if it's your first time. Some brokers are H&R Block, Morgan Stanley, Smith Barney. It's not at all difficult once you contact someone at those places. Good luck!

There are also a lot of online services for buying and trading stocks these days too. One of them is E-trade, and some of the big houses like Charles Schwab also offer online trading.

Capslock

I have used www.etrade.com on many occasions. They offer great resources for researching and tracking stocks. The fees are very resobable as well.

Be warned though, it does cost about 20 bucks to transfer money OUT of your E-trade account and back into your bank account. They do, on the other hand, offer a debit card that debits money straight out of your E-trade account for purchases.

Hope this helps.

Casper

Hi! I have Scottrade.com for 7 dollars a trade and Ameritrade for 10.99 a trade. I would sugjest Ameritrade for a flat fee. I would not go through a broker as they will give you the royal screw job (Morgan Stanley, Raymand James) on fees.

Travis

You can also buy straight from the company for really cheap. Some companys charge just a dollar just to buy stock from them directly.

Back