What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still Waiting for my Venus Fly Trap Seeds to Germinate

OK, I haven't been waiting that long, about two weeks. But I expected some action by now.

Does anyone know how long it takes for VFT seeds to germinate? I moved the pots upstairs where it is warmer a week ago, still nothing.

I thought the 60 degree temperature in my basement was keeping them from germinating, but after a week upstairs still nothing is coming up. I am wondering if it is something else, or if it just takes VFT seeds a long time to get started.

I've heard that vfts are really slow to grow, especially from the seed. Sometimes up to a year before a few traps. I'd keep waiting!

OK I'm willing to wait for the traps, I just hope I get some sign of life soon from the VFT seeds.

Could be 6-10 weeks before you see any signs of life.

I suppose I am used to pumpkin and tomato seeds, they started up within a week of planting. I had heard that sundew seeds took a long time to germinate, I suppose all carnivorous plant seeds take somewhat long.

Back