What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

steve erwin

has steve erwin gone to far wih carrying his baby around by an aligator im with jhon hension with that i am absoulty out raged as i watched in dis beliefe

anson nesbitt
rock.gif

Mod edit due to phrase used

That post you made went a little too far...
First, Steve knows what hes doing, but i do have to admit, all the croc is going to see is 3 white chicken legs, but which one to eat? Also the baby was so young it wouldn't hold up his head, and then steve made him "walk" , kinda jolting the babys head...

But if i were you i would edit that part about sex... ya might get in trouble from a mod

Oi, yea, um, try to refrain from personal attacks towars other, even though they probably won't ever read this lol. Gotta respect everyone.

It's steve irwin and when he was holding his young daughter Bindi that was a very long time ago , i can't believe they just brought it up now . He was feeding his crocodiles fish or chicken while holding his baby , i thought it was a dool at first , makes me think that he could be the next michael jackson , but he knows what hes doing and would never put his daughter in danger but probably he did go to far . he was also holding the baby and trying to make her walk on the lawn by the crocodiles , that must be scary , probably he was trying to teach the crocodile that his daughter is crocodile food
wink.gif
and that the chicken was just appetizers , lol , j/k

This incident was not with his daughter Bindie. It's with his new baby.
I have to support Steve on this one. I don't think there's another person alive that knows reptiles better than him. I'm sure he wouldn't do something that's unsave for his child. He knows that if he did something that did harm his child he'd have to live with himself.
I've seen the video and it is a little scary looking.
Would I let him do that with my baby? No but I think the media has made too much of this issue just like they do with everything.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Jan. 17 2004,15:57)]This incident was not with his daughter Bindie. It's with his new baby.
I have to support Steve on this one. I don't think there's another person alive that knows reptiles better than him. I'm sure he wouldn't do something that's unsave for his child. He knows that if he did something that did harm his child he'd have to live with himself.
I've seen the video and it is a little scary looking.
Would I let him do that with my baby? No but I think the media has made too much of this issue just like they do with everything.
I agree... stupid media are always looking to make someone look bad...

Goldtrap,
        Steve Irwin had a baby boy in december, and that couldn't have been bindi since she is gonna be in 1st grade this august. But you're right, he did hold bindi near an alligator to take a picture, but the media made a big deal out of it lol... said alligators are very dangerous, and they're not, they actually will turn the other way and swim away if you approach them, usually

Oh, and I don't believe he did it as a publicity stunt... he did it more to show the world his new baby boy...

I know alot of you guys in the US love Steve, but down here in Australia most of us are embarrassed by his ridiculous antics and the bizarre language that he speaks (definitely not typical of any other Australian I know). I really hope that you don't think he is a typical Australian guy- there probably isn't another one like him in the world. Some of the real Crocodile Hunters down here would put him to shame.

And regarding the crocodile incident- attention seeking stupidity. He got what he was looking for.

Sorry to upset any Steve lovers out there.

Sean.

What kind of a name is Bindi anyway?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Seandew @ Jan. 17 2004,18:25)]I know alot of you guys in the US love Steve, but down here in Australia most of us are embarrassed by his ridiculous antics and the bizarre language that he speaks (definitely not typical of any other Australian I know). I really hope that you don't think he is a typical Australian guy- there probably isn't another one like him in the world. Some of the real Crocodile Hunters down here would put him to shame.

And regarding the crocodile incident- attention seeking stupidity. He got what he was looking for.

Sorry to upset any Steve lovers out there.

Sean.

What kind of a name is Bindi anyway?
That what i was wondering...(if he sets a bad example for australlians) now i know why everyone there hates him...
rock.gif
I still like him though
biggrin.gif

what are real australlians like then? lol

(I would edit out that part about bindi having a dumb name... you know how some people are on this forum, it is going to start another one of those mountain over a molehill fights, lol)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What kind of a name is Bindi anyway?
Steve had a dog named bindie. He loved the dog so much that he named his daughter after the dog. I know this may sound crazy, but I had a dog, a white chow named Sunshine. This dog was always there for me and I'll never have another dog that means as much to me as she did. After she died, I knew that I couldn't replace her so when I got another dog a year later I knew that I had to get different breed because I wouldn't be able to get another chow. Since I coulndn't replace her I decided to get a dog that was totally different from her. I decided on a golden retriever. I chose a breeder and I went to choose my puppy. There was one puppy that was a different that the others. He was the exact same color as Sunshine was. I couldn't resist so I choose that puppy. I couldn't decide on a name so I was looking online at golden retriever names and I saw one name and as soon as I saw it I knew it was the right one, Moonshine.
Anyway back to Steve.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I really hope that you don't think he is a typical Australian guy
Trust me we know he's not a typical Australian. He's not even a typical human. lol
I just hope that you guys don't think that Americans are like the ones on Jerry Springer.
tounge.gif

Unlike Michael J, Steve knew what he was doing
wink.gif

lol , yah , and i thought he named his daughter after his crocodile bindi ? guess your right ozzy .

Hey Ozzy,

That is a great comparison. Thanks to Jerry Springer many Australians probably think that half of the US live in Trailer Parks and sleep with their cousins among other things. The Jerry Springer show is telecast every week day here at midday and gets huge audiences. They take it off during school holidays though. Apparently the show will be filming a couple of episodes here in Australia in the near future. Now you guys get a chance to see the Aussie equivalent of your 'trailer park trash'.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]what are real australlians like then? lol

I think we are a bit more like Russell Crowe, we like to go out to nightclubs, get drunk and beat up on people.
biggrin.gif

Sean.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think we are a bit more like Russell Crowe, we like to go out to nightclubs, get drunk and beat up on people.
Sean.

All that and alot of cp's and reptiles, That's my kind of place. I think I'm moving down under.

I HAVE A LEOPARD GECKO NAMED BINDI!!!!!!!!
rock.gif

Lithopsboy, eee... post gone a little... *clears throat*... far... there...

Ozzy, actually, he named her Bindi Sue Irwin after one of his favorite crocs in the zoo (Bindi) and after his dog (Sue).

And I think that was actually kinda neat.. he's probably like me and doesn't have any interest in picking normal, every-day names. Unusual names, to me, are really neato.. for instance, if I ever have a baby, if it's a girl, I plan to name her "Dixie Lee". I'm so weird...

And if it's a boy, he will be named Kenny, right?

*grins*

*nods*

Well at least your not naming is Dixie Normus ( inside joke )
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (larry @ Jan. 17 2004,18:59)]Unlike Michael J, Steve knew what he was doing
wink.gif
If your refering to his knowledge of animals, I'll agree. If you are refering to his understanding of people then I'll have to disagree. To do what he did with his kid was irresponsible. There are to many people who see something done on TV and think that if they saw it on TV then it can't be that dangerous. Look how many kids injured themselfs trying to duplicate the stupid stunts they saw on the "Jackass" series.

BCK

Back