What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting up a planted tank again

pappydew

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me.
Recently started up an aquarium again, finally. Here's my 20 long...currently cycling.

Wow that looks like it will be amazing when it's all grown out! Be sure to keep us updated :)

Thanks! Definitely will keep updates

Very cool, what plants are in there?
Do you plan on adding any animals?

I've got an empty 55 gal tank, I really need to do something like this

Very cool, what plants are in there?
Do you plan on adding any animals?

Let's see...

Sagittaria subulata, Cryptocoryne wendtii ('Green', 'Tropica' and 'Bronze/Red' varieties), Cryptocoryne spiralis, java fern, Anubias barteri 'Coffeefolia', Bacopa monnieri, Hydrocotyle leucocephala, Ludwigia repens, Hygrophila difformis, Rotala indica/rotundifolia

Pretty much all low to medium light plants.

Stock is still up in the air right now. Will be some time before any fish.

I've got an empty 55 gal tank, I really need to do something like this

Definitely! I'm not a huge fan of the 55g because of how tall they are compared to their depth front to back, but can't beat having a 4 foot tank!

I used to have an old style that was much wider an shorter. I miss that thing. Glass was almost as thick as my pinky finger

Let's see...

Sagittaria subulata, Cryptocoryne wendtii ('Green', 'Tropica' and 'Bronze/Red' varieties), Cryptocoryne spiralis, java fern, Anubias barteri 'Coffeefolia', Bacopa monnieri, Hydrocotyle leucocephala, Ludwigia repens, Hygrophila difformis, Rotala indica/rotundifolia

Pretty much all low to medium light plants.

Stock is still up in the air right now. Will be some time before any fish.

Definitely! I'm not a huge fan of the 55g because of how tall they are compared to their depth front to back, but can't beat having a 4 foot tank!

Very cool, I love anubias!
And who said you had to keep any fish? There are always shrimp or amphibians!

I used to have an old style that was much wider an shorter. I miss that thing. Glass was almost as thick as my pinky finger

What ever did you do with it? That tank sounds cool!

I currently have one 55 gallon, one 55 gallon hexagon, and one 46 gallon bowfront. :D

I moved into a small apartment so I sold it to a friends father. What kind of lighting to you use BTW?

Well...it's gotta be fish!

I may be setting up a small shrimp tank/bowl too. Have a lot of moss coming my way that needs some TLC and I could always use a place to theoretically place trimmings if everything goes as planned.

Wow! neato aquarium:) The set up looks fabulous!

Thanks! Should be an update soon...things look much more grown in, but did a bit of moving around so it was a bit dirty looking for a pic.

looking great! I have been in the FW hobby for many years now. I only have one tank right now though.
I also did SW reefs for a few years - that's fun stuff too.

What kind of fish are you thinking for this one?
My 40 gallon holds primarily South American fish including queen arabesque and bristlenose plecos.

Back