What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting school tomorrow!

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I'll be a Sophomore. my classes are:

S1:
Honors English
Art I
Algebra II
Honors Biology

S2:
Spanish I
Honors Wold History
Family Consumer Science (Home economics)
Computer Application I

wish me luck! i think we are starting way too early though!

good luck! I agree, you ARE starting early! I've never started so early in my whole life. And for some reason they extended vacations this year, i'm going back the 25th
biggrin.gif
(and I'll be a senior)

ooh you suck! lol

it's so surreal. i'll go to college in 3 years!

Aug 4?!? Do you have Winter break in October, Spring break in January and start Summer vacation in March?

OMG! what school district starts on August 4?!  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

is this public or private school?
I have never heard of a US public school starting before Labor Day..
we always started the week immediately after Labor Day weekend..1st or 2nd week in September.
Scot

no... usually schedule for holidays. we didn't miss many days last year (2 at most)

i'm in Pickens county, GA. we've never started this early before. it's public.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]it's so surreal. i'll go to college in 3 years!
It's especially surreal for me lol. I still remember back in the day when I thought I'd NEVER get out of school (it was so far away), and I thought people my (present) age were like OLD. LOL!
how times change
laugh.gif

Wow! That is early. You must be done with school by late April then.

Back in the early 90's late 1900's we use to start after Labor Day weekend.

I teach in a public school in Florida - we started on August 1st.

Unlucky to all schoolkids here, I go back to school on September 8th
Plenty of time before that lol

My daughter's school starts the beginning of September and keeps going until almost the end of June.  My schools in Mississippi started in mid August and ran through mid May.  Everywhere else I've been, schools were on an ~ Sept 1 - June 1 schedule.  Schools here add a second spring break plus extra holidays here & there and, like magic, they make lots of summer disappear.

Wooh, I still have 2 weeks from today 'till school starts (so, Aug. 17.) And 40 articles to collect for Gov and write about. Yadda yadda. Not to mention I need to sign up for a class at the local community college, find out how the HECK I will get to and from school (and to my college class, to boot) and if I need to take extra classes just so I can bum a ride with my friends. Yeesh, I'm a senior, I'm not supposed to have to worry about the whole "can I even GET to and from school" nonsense. Good thing my family is in a totally awesome financial position so we can totally afford to get me a car! ...Yeah, right.
Oh well, I know that once I get everything figured out, this year'll be interesting. Last year was my "OUCH" year, while this year will be a lot more calm.
Oh, and herenorthere, we've had cases of our summer days magically disappearing as well! If it weren't for that, I'd be graduation 06-6-6 (yy-m-d, that's the way I write my dates, good for sorting)! lol Oh well.
What gets me about about being a senior are all the people complaining "Oh I just have to get in to so-and-so college or else blah-blah-blah." I suppose I've been hearing it since freshman year, but it still gets on my nerves when people take classes solely because it will "look good on their college transcript." To HECK with your college transcript! I don't want unmotivated people in my classes just there for the grades! The teachers don't want people like that, either! If you're interested in something, then take it. In most highschools you have a fair number of ways to reach the standards, anyway. lol Ok, so maybe that ended up as sort of a rant... Um... Enjoy school, everybody.
smile_n_32.gif

Aw, I just graduated.

I'm not going back.

='(

By the way. We always started the week before Larbor Day.

Geez. We always went back to school around Sept. 7th or so. That was because so many county kids would be pulling tobacco on the farms that there would be high absentee numbers if they started too early.
laugh.gif
Gotta get them thar kids out of the fields a'fore starting school-larnin'.

I started school today too.I got off the 25th of May
smile_h_32.gif

Stupid hurricanes

Back