What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting P. lusitanica

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
Hey there, I just got some P. lusitanica seed and I was just wondering if it has any special requirements before I decide what to plant them in. Is it temperate, warm-temp., or tropical? Any favorite soil mixes? Help is much appreciated!
Thanks,
~Joe

Edit: Duh, its P. lusitanica seed (I also got U. monanthos at the same time.) If a mod could change the title, it would help me feel less dumb. Thanks!

I received P. lusitanica seed from two people last year. I put the seeds in a plastic pipette dispenser that has a hinged lid. The media was a mix od sand and peat. I kept covered at a window sill. One source was a total zero and the other had 10 that germinated. Seeds of these plants can just be luck of the draw, besides our respective skill levels.

I treat most my seeds the same.
I sprinkle them on top the soil, keep very moist, sunny windowsill, cover 3/4 of the pot with plastic wrap and wait.

I've found P. lusitanica to be very willing to grow from seed. There really weren't any "tips" to follow to germinate these little dudes.
Good luck and good growing!

Amori

Back