What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting an aquarium

I have a great fastination with fishes, I may have started as a beginner, but now i'm realizing my mistakes. My fish collection has so far stayed in a 10 gallon tank, and now I'm tinking about a 55 gallon aquairum. So far I only have the aquarium and now need help setting it up. as my beginner 10 gallons with just air bubble filtration, I experiences danios, swordtail, guppies, snails, cories, and the goldfish. Each one ended up with tradegy, as they all died off one by one, except for my goldfish which lasted a year a so. So I'm planning on setting up a perfect 55 gallon tank. And I need advice on the substrate, plants, and cycling the water first. The fishes I want to include are zebra danios, neon tetras, cory, swordtail, and eventually discus. But I have no clue on anything to do with ph, nitrate level, nitrite, amonia, and dh and such. I've been reading books, but they aren't a help, so if anyone could teach me a step by step solution on the best sucess rate of keeping fish I'll be oblige. Thank you

Back