What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squished and the pot fell into the fertilizecrash!

Hi, Just a few minutes ago I was getting fertilizer ready for my moms Ficus elastica 'black prince'. And then the door on my closet fell and hit my mexican pings and Neps! My P.ehlersae was tottally ruined and fell into my fertilizer container! So I can`t even reuse the soil:( The P.moranensis x agnata was unharmed,and the P.potosiensis x agnata wich was about to flower got beat up and came out of it`s pot but I think it`ll make it. And 2 rooted Nep cuttings fell and where injured.

I`m realy frustrated right now! I hate when you do something good for some one the **** devil goes and blows it up in your face! This is rediculous! Grrrrrr.r.r.rr.r.r.r.r.rr..r.r.r.r.r.r.r..r.r.r.r.r.r..r.r.r. aGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHfgsefgjhdsgk hdergyj

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

That's rough man! I hope everything recovers well. I had my S. "okee giant"(or is it single quotes... oh well, I'll check later) knocked over by one of my cats trying to drink out of its water tray... it died!

I'm sorry to hear that Noah.
smile_h_32.gif
I hate plant disasters. I've certainly had my share as we all have. Can you take leaf cuttings off the damaged pings...like the ehlersiae?

I feel for ya.
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Mar. 24 2005,10:44)]That's rough man!  I hope everything recovers well.  I had my S.  "okee giant"(or is it single quotes... oh well, I'll check later) knocked over by one of my cats trying to drink out of its water tray... it died!
I'd kill my cats for that. The plants are worth far more to me. The cats are merely vermin who transform cat food into cat poop.

Even though it is always annoying when things like this happen, Noah, I find that it provides the perfect opportunity to propagate.  Several years ago, I had an enormous family heirloom holiday cactus (Schlumbergera truncata) growing on my windowsill.  When my aunt came over to measure for curtains she was going to sew, she somehow managed to trip and knock the plant to the floor.  Both the pot and the plant were shattered to what seemed like a thousand pieces each.  I took advantage of the opportunity to root the pieces for all my family (including my aunt), friends and neighbors, and what was left of the original plant responded to being replanted into fresh soil by growing even larger than it was before.

So just repot the disheveled Pinguicula into fresh mix and remove as many leaves as you can for propagation.  My own first Pinguicula leaf cuttings are budding up nicely right now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 27 2005,4:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Mar. 24 2005,10:44)]That's rough man! I hope everything recovers well. I had my S. "okee giant"(or is it single quotes... oh well, I'll check later) knocked over by one of my cats trying to drink out of its water tray... it died!
I'd kill my cats for that. The plants are worth far more to me. The cats are merely vermin who transform cat food into cat poop.
I could NEVER do that to my cats... true I was pretty ticked with them, but I love them too much to do that. I plan on getting another one eventually though. I'm just glad they didn't kill my S. Albamensis AL001!!!!

Back