What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Square plastic pots

In my quest to pack the most possible plants under my growlights, i have been using square plastic pots whenever possible lately. I can't find any that are bigger than 6" but smaller than the huge 10" monsters at the garden center, though. Does anybody know where to get 8" or 7" square plastic pots?

Thanks

I found different sized sqaure pots at a local greenhouse. I don't remember the sizes they have. Next time I'm there I'll check for you.

I get free (anything) from a local nursury. Timmy has 4 commercial sized ghouses and that's alot of free stuff....he is glad it goes to use rather than burned (what he does) Anyhow check at local nursuries at the end of the season.
wink.gif

Actually, you cant put more pots under the lights using square pots. 4 inch square take the same space as 4 inch round, but you DO get more volume with the square pots.

Yeah, what the man said.

Actually, if you pot according to volume and not pot size, what i said holds. I didn't explain it very well. And who calculates soil volume when they're potting?
alien.gif

I know there are people here using square pots. What do ya'll do when your plant outgrows a 6"?

Thanks

Back