What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well I have to say all my plants have/are flowering or are sending up pitchers, leaves, etc. The bogs are doing wonderful. I will jsut name off a few interesting things otherwise I would have a small book.
My unknown sarr looks similar to my S. oreo x. leuco but seems to have minor in it. I am not really sure yet but these ae the first pitchers that I have actually seen open.
I have a D. x. hybrida in a different bog then my other two and I am not sure where it came from. It was a seedling because I can still see some small leaves. It is growing rapidly with 1.5 inch leaves now. I have no clue where it came from.
One of my alata has a defromed pitcher, and by that I mean one that looks like S. minor. The hood is curved down the the sides are slightly squished so it really looks like a large yellow S. minor except the hood does not go down quite as far in front.
My D. intermedia 'Brookville, NJ' and D. rotundifolia 'Eastman, NH' that I put outside for winter seeded themselves so I have about 3 of each now. Sinc eht ehibernacula rotted (the two I had).
What's happening in your bog?

I just initiated a mini-bog last week. I put several Utrics, a few VFT's, a cobra lily, and a Sarr. cutting in it to test things out, so far the Utrics are mad at me. I don't think the are going to send me any Christmas cards this year - or flowers. The rest don't look any worse for the wear.

I doubt non-native utrics will grow outside well.

they should be oretty good, they just dont like as much sn as some others, anyways, all my sprigns growth is mostly over however the plnats are growing extremely fast, one division i took of my oreophilla died and came back this spring, now it has at least 7 growing points with 5" pitchers, alot of my flowers died because they dried out while i was gone, but i still have a few, i originally had 14, now i have two s. minor wayne co. ga, and one oreophilla, i am pretty dissapointed in my brother for letting them dry out, but he doesnt gorw a whole lot so he porbably either forgot or just didnt know, anyways, my catesbaie has a new growing point, should be nice, i let about half my VFTs flower, almost all of them tried to, my leuc is growing at about 2 inches a day, its crazy

Back