What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring is springing

I love California's growing season! Everybody is stirring and getting up for spring! 4 oreophila scapes, 9 scapes on the Cooks Bayou s. flava var. rugellii. 2 different locale alabamensis' are starting flowers as well. Many location alata's from Texas, Mississippi and Alabama are flowering too! My favorite time of the year. "Leah Wilkerson" moorei has a base that looks like a redwood tree in circumference. Huge baby. Looks like a flower coming soon. Hoping to post pictures soon. I have 2 Schnell's Ghost scapes coming, wherryi yellow flower, all kinds of stuff! Will try to post within the week. Who else is showing definite growth??

6 flower buds here
blues.gif

I just looked out side at my plants and I've got 0 flowers 0 plants sprouting and a big mound of snow. Here spring is still at least 6 weeks away.
Last year it snowed on may 28th.
mad.gif

I joined this forum during when everyone's plants weredormant, now I wonder how much it changes when it's the growing season
smile.gif

Stick around. There should be a fairly good show this spring!

Some of my outdoor Sarrs are showing signs of growth, mainly the flavas. Spring is here, and has been for weeks (unofficially of course). Here in the NW we will be in big trouble if we don't start getting rainfall. Snowpack in the nearby Cascade Range is about 15%-20%.
smile_h_32.gif
That means very little water this summer (maybe even Spring). I can only imagine what our water bill will be when that happens
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Spring is here and Homer's not happy.

-Homer

Pitchers are already starting to open for my plants. Guess the warm weather here can cause the sarrs to come out of dormancy earlier than most other places.

2 flowers on my white flower alata. A bit of sleet and snow forecast for this weekend, but suddenly turning warm next week. Should get those flowers going.

So far... one bud on the castbaei. It has been tucked away in the same spot for weeks just waiting for warm weather so it can grow. As for the rest, sleeping like babies! The weather has patches of warm here and there but until mid-late April spring is NOT here for my plants! We had a few weeks of warm weather a while back and a few misguided plants sent up a few pre-mature spring pitchers... stopped and went back into dormancy when the temps dropped back down into the singles and teens.

I cant take mine outside untill I either get my grreenhouse heated or Im gonna have to wait untill may!

I have sarra flowers EVERYWHERE! I havn't counted but my wife says there are about 19... Plus many of my Drosera plants are in flower also. When they start opening.. (they are tall stalks with balls on them right now) i'll take a group pic.
smile.gif
Today will be mid 80s!
Andrew

AHHHH I want some of your warm weather!!!!1
smile_n_32.gif

mad.gif
You southerners....
mad.gif

Still have snow everywhere here.
Only plants waking up are one pot of VFT's I brought in early and put under the lights. Couldn't wait any longer! No scapes yet, but it's only been two weeks.

Wow Buggie...you got a lot goin' on there. Lucky you. I am going to check mine this weekend. Still too dark when I get home from work to see what's happening out in the yard.

Spring is on the way but its gotten cold again here. Monday it was 70...Tuesday it poured snow. Go figger. But I can feel the sap starting to rise. Whooopeee!

It is snowing again. Perfect for a snowball fight...anyone?

Back