What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring is in the air - some pics

Hi All,

Here in sunny southern California, spring is here! Birds sing sweetly, and well, you know the rest. Here are some pics:

flowers.jpg

flowers in my backyard - lupin (blue), sunflower, some kind of bulb (foreground), california poppy (middle orange)

leuko.jpg

two pitchers already up on my leuko

bud.jpg

new coming up from old
smile.gif
Flava flower stalk.

binata.jpg

Binata dichotoma giant already busy

dsc00007.jpg

and finally a pic of one of my bog setups.

That's all for now.

-noah

p.s. sorry the pics are so large. I hope they are worth the wait for those of you with slow modems. Ahh, cable is the best!

WOW! Your D. dictonoma 'giant' is huge! give me a cutting!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
I like oyur bog setup, can you give me details on how you made it?

Do you called that spring? that is a very warm summer in Norway, LOL
biggrin.gif
Nice Pics Noah

Oh Wow...
It's still snowing like heck here... :S

Hi Spectabilis,

I do have some d. binata dichotoma 'giant' cuttings that are now about 6" large.

As to the bog setup, go to:

http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....566&st=

Bjorn & Parasuco,

yeah, it's kinda warm here all the time. We did get a few light frosts this winter, but not enough to deleaf the roses, so I'm afraid we are going to have to do that ourselves, as they have rust. Quite a pity, as they are just starting to bloom so nicely.

rosep.jpeg

rosey.jpeg

rose.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here in sunny southern California, spring is here! Birds sing sweetly, and well, you know the rest. [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Here in dreary Upper Maryland, winter is still here! Winds whistle loudly, and well, were about to get a foot of snow.
tounge.gif

Mike
biggrin.gif

Nice pics, Noah! And beautiful plants and flowers!
smile.gif
Its sleeting like crazy here...we are in the middle of a big winter storm. They are calling for 10-14" of snow! But I love it...I don't mind one last hurrah from old man winter. If we really get that much I'll be thrilled...I love snow. Its nice being snowed in...with hot chocolate and popcorn. That will give lots of time to putter with the plants indoors.

Thanks for the pics...I enjoyed them. It is a nice tease for spring.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Thats awesome! My S. Flava just put up a flower stalk along with my S. Rehdiri! Keep up the good looking plants you have there!
Kevin

nice! here is just cold winter now
sad.gif

We have even more snow now: like about 5 more feet. Pictures like the ones posted here make me tear at the walls, but thanks for the promise of better days!

Winter_in_Oswego_Jan_2003_004.jpg

He he he, it's times like this that I don't mind Naples so much.

I am expecting my first crop of strawberries in about 3 weeks. My tomatoe seedlings are now 2 weeks old, and the peppers are sprouting wonderfully.

<sigh> It's good to be me right now lol!

WOW Tamlin!

Maybe that's an everyday scene to you but to us living in the tropics, snow has the ability to make the most mundane things appear magical.

That is gorgeous.

I'll trade places with you anyday, it's even too warm here to grow strawberries!

Cheers, Troy.

Hi , here is some pictures of Snøklokke (Snowdrops ) growing in my garden, they are the only signs of spring here now.....
Snowdrops in Norway
PS:they are big pictures so it might take some times loding

Back