What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spliting up Orchid flasks, checking interest.

• Thread starter RSS
  • Start date
  • Tags
    orchid
While planting up way to many Bulbophyllums this evening I got to thinking.

With the forums offering a classified section now I think this would be allowed, if not please let me know so I don't break any rules.

I usually deflask a few species of orchids a year and always end up with 10-20+ plants I end up selling after a few months hardening up. So this got me thinking, would any TF members be interested in a partial hobby flask?

Basically want to check the level of interest, if there is enough interest I'll post a classified next time I'm planning on ordering one.

I'm definitely interested, I usually purchase at least one a year myself.

Hey, I would definitely be interested in that. I've had my eye on some Phrag. flasks, but price was too much...

I'd be interested :)

Sounds like there may be enough interest to do a trial run on the next flasks I get.

I ordered 4 flasks this winter something I usually don't do, some of the rarer ones were actually available so I had to take the chance. Two of them suffered cold damage while in transit the other 2 were just fine.

Sadly one of the damaged flasks was a Phrag. caudatum, I've lost about 1/4th of the seedlings so far and have another 2-3 on there way out, the rest are looking good. Nothing I can do vs the frost :-(.

Awww, that's too bad, that's actually one that I had my eye on too...

I would be interested as well, and I have a couple of flasks in various stages of on the way that I'll post about as well if anyone's interested. A flask of Acineta chrysantha should be here next week, weather permitting.

Looks like I'll be getting an overgrown flask of Den. spectabile next month (mid month), so not a typical flask.

I'll start reading up on how to post this on the forums.

Should be able to do 5 plantlets for $15 shipped or half the flask (10-15 plantlets) for $25 shipped, might be $1-3 more depending on your zip. I'll know more once I get an invoice and everything.

Cool, I would be in for getting/splitting flasks from time to time for sure. Yeah, we should check if this has to be done through the classifieds area or what?

The flask of Dendrobium spectabile 'CAS' × 'Halcyon' is on its way so if anyone was interested in part of it let me know and I'll post up and a sold listing in the classified section. Due to the weird nature of this sell I can't really post a proper classified so any suggestions on the proper way to do this would be helpful.

So 5 plantlets for $15 shipped or half the flask (10-15 plantlets) for $25 shipped, might be $1-3 more depending on your zip, US only.

I should get them Wed/Thurs this week so this offer expires once I pot them up!

Back