What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spider!?

What the? A spider seems to have made a home inside my pitcher!! Its even feeding on some of the bugs inside the pitcher. What do I do? I dont know if this is harmfull or not! Help Plz

I imagine it'll cheat the plant out of 5% of its food supply, which is more than it ever needed anyway.

Do you worry about everything?? Call us if you see signs of fungus or rot. ANYTHING but a spider doing what it does best. Like living where ever it wants to.

Yep, it'll be trying to nick a bit of the pitcher's food. Nothing to worry about, but if it creates a web over the mouth, I'd remove the web. Tree frogs sometimes try the same tactic, but they're more likely to slip into the pitcher and become a meal for the plant.

Okay cool! And bugweed, its my first sarracenia sorry.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Helldragon4356 @ June 05 2006,12:18)]What the? A spider seems to have made a home inside my pitcher!! Its even feeding on some of the bugs inside the pitcher. What do I do? I dont know if this is harmfull or not! Help Plz
smiliar thing happen to me to my tropical pitcher plant. when i brought it back from the nursery i found a frog in one of the pitchers and it still alive and happy in the pitcher.

Hellz, the ONLY time to sweat is if the plant itself goes into a nasty funk of one kind or another. Otherwise, insect pests are the only other problem. the spider can help out with the insect pests, and have a place to stay at the same time. Don't be sorry, just do not be so worried. You have the best help ANYWHERE right here. We WILL take care of you!!!!!!!!

Back