What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spider Triumph

I think it's Pyro who has the quote from Gordon Grice's book in his sig. Either way, it's a book worth reading for carnivorous anything enthusiasts. I thought of it when I saw this. This little gal lives in the corner of my kitchen, where she takes care of anything that sneaks in past the CPs outside. The funny thing is that I'd always assumed that wolf spiders pretty much dominated anything around their size. But here this one's getting completely owned. Anyway, just an interesting observation, wish I could have seen it happen, because i'm not really sure how a floor-hunting spider came to be ensnared all the way up in the air. For that matter, I'm wondering how she keeps catching all the pill bugs she's eating.

SpiderTriumph002.jpg

PS: She paralyzed this wolf spider, then cut it loose for about a week. Now she's got it back in her web, all wrapped up in silk. An ignominious end for such a voracious predator haha

My quote is actually from Dave Barry :) But I am glad to be memorable :)

Good shot. Great example of who eats who

Back