What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Species that might be hybrids

I bought these plants several years ago as species and they are starting to look like hybrids to me. Anybody know for sure?

Ramispina, I read somewhere that if there are spots inside the pitcher it is a hybrid. There are spots and they are more visible than what you see in the picture.
398ramisp-med.JPG

Macfarlanei, looks like a hybrid with sanguinea to me.
398macfxsang-med.JPG

I would say your correct with your assessment, they are hybrids. As to exactly what it is hard to say for sure. Seems to be quite a bit of mixing between those 3 species.

Yep, definitely hybrids which is extremely common in seed collected from Peninsular Malaysian species. Both could be hybrids with sanguinea, but you do get some complex hybrids in that part of the world. Rob Cantley said that in one batch of ramispina something like 70% turned out to be hybrids with sanguinea. One of the risks of getting plants from wild seed.

Back