What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Species for a medium sized terrerium

My temperature gauge says my house has the following temps.
Day 80- Night 67

I am planning on growing the following plants,
N.veitchii High x Low
N.bellii
N.alata boschiana mimic highland
N.deaniana
N.eustachya
N.clipeata clone 1 (clip x emaye) x clip
N.campanulata
N.truncata highland(or would lowland be better?)
N.tomoriana
N. x medusa (bellii x sibuyanensis

Would these do okay in these temps? Humidity is no problem, it stays uniformly high.

Hey Slurm,
Those are lowland temps, so campanulata, truncata LOWLAND (though not in a medium sized terrarium....These get REALLY big) & eustachya would do well. Not sure about the alata, as these are technically highland, but are very adaptable.

I don't grow the others, so I can't comment on them.

Thanks, I have heard that N. truncata is slow outside absolute PERFECT conditions, so I figure it would do well in a medium size terrerium.

N. x medusa (bellii x sibuyanensis) is a hybrid between a hughland and a lowland, so should work quite well in that range .

Cheers,

Joe

You definatly need a bical.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ May 25 2005,7:52)]You definatly need a bical.
eh, bical grows rather large, rather fast. Also its picky with the humidity...

I already have a bical. It is 11/2 feet tall and 2 1/2 feet wide. It produces 4" traps!
It is too big for me to keep at home, so it lives at a nearby nep greenhouse at my town's nature center.

I'll try to get over their this week. I can also get a pic of the greenhouse owner's N.tenuis. It just pitchered. I'm busy though, so you may have to wait untill after a 2 week long trip I'm going on this saturday.
smile_h_32.gif

Me and this plant(N.bical) are going to be featured on a presentation of the Disney Channel. They wanted a short 1min segment on kids/teenagers with weird collections to show between shows. They shot footage at the greenhouse. It will be on sometime this month. I will also be showing off a N.hamata and my large Hydnophytum formaicum unless that part is edited out.

Back