What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

specialized pots

boxofrain

does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
I am looking for some designs for pots to grow utric's in. I wanted something more than the boring plastic we all use.
I am talking with a very good potter out of Coos Bay Or.
Something with the water tray built in.
please post any and all suggestions you like. Drawings are even better.
This does not need to be limited to utric's, any other pot designs you would like to see are welcome as well.
This guy does some very amazing miniatures as well as full sized pottery.
My wife has been collecting his miniature work for many years now.
I would love to have some nice pots for my utric's and he could use the work, as this is his only income.
Thanks to all who participate in this.

I'd be interested to see what people come up with too. Does he only cater to local requests, or will he ship stuff that he makes?

I don't have a lot of Ultrics. but I like to keep them in clear glass containers (jars, glasses, bowls, etc.) They get better light through glass vs. plastic/ceramic pots. A lot of the ultric. growers I know also use this method. They have no drain hole so you can fill it up with water as high as you like, plus when the water gets low you can see it and refill. If you have a ultric that requires high humidity get something with a lid (fish bowl, apothecary jars, etc. Even 2 liter soda bottles will work). You can find great glass ware at most art supply stores. I have found a ton of great stuff there to use to grow CP's in.

I'd be interested to see what people come up with too. Does he only cater to local requests, or will he ship stuff that he makes?

He ships all over the US
mossyrockpottery or google David Willhite.
Nice guy, good work.

personally im a fan of simple matted cube pots, black. like 2.75 x 2.75 x 2.75. suriously....

I don't have a lot of Ultrics. but I like to keep them in clear glass containers (jars, glasses, bowls, etc.) They get better light through glass vs. plastic/ceramic pots. A lot of the ultric. growers I know also use this method. They have no drain hole so you can fill it up with water as high as you like, plus when the water gets low you can see it and refill. If you have a ultric that requires high humidity get something with a lid (fish bowl, apothecary jars, etc. Even 2 liter soda bottles will work). You can find great glass ware at most art supply stores. I have found a ton of great stuff there to use to grow CP's in.

I do this for terrariums, which are strung out all over the house. Drives my wife crazy.:-D
I want something nice to grow and display the utrics in.
I am thinking of a "bowl in bowl" design, with small drain holes on the inner bowl, the outer bowl would be kept watered.

Back