What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spca for plants

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Is there a plant equivalent to the SPCA? What motivates this question is the incredibly horrible treatment / negligence of the garden centers with regard to watering, lighting, and air circulation. If they don't sell them fast enough - they die a slow death.

Unfortunately, I'd have to say no. There is no law against cruelty to plants unless the plant is a protected/endangered species. And even then it is not enforced if the plant is grown in cultivation.

Sorry Jim mother culture doesn't yet realize the importance of mother nature.

Z

they are all clones, who cares?

Clint, good point. But clones have feelings, too!
biggrin.gif
Send in the clones.... Attack of clones....

I always feel really bad for the CPs in stores. What sucks is that I'm motivated to rescue them all, but I don't have the money or the space! I think overall it's just too much trouble for most stores to care for CPs with their specific water requirements and need for strong light/good air circulation. Still though, that's no excuse to let a plant die, since all the other store plants get proper care.

Do you all feel bad about the wilted carrot on the produce stand? Feel the need to rescue them? LOL

Wilted carrot???? WHERE???????? I MUST SAVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Good point ,i can tell you now if i catch someone damaging my plants in any way shape or form im guuna introdue them to pain and lots of it. i do feel that i have more respect for animals and plants than humans as we are the only species that kill for f### all.we need to lear that is for sure
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

Speaking of resues, I saved 3 Nepenthes and a Butterwort today from Home Depot
cool.gif

I could have sworn I heard them thank me as I scanned them at the self-checkout
smile_m_32.gif

I saved a ventrata!  
smile.gif

It died on me of root rot 4 weeks later  
smile_l_32.gif
haahha

Id really liked the idea of a carnivourus carrot