What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Bay Carnivorous Plant Show - April 2nd - 12:00 to 4:00PM

Hi folks,

April 2nd, we will be hosting our first - hopefuly of more to come - South Bay Carnivorous Plant Show and Sale at the Santa Teresa Library Branch in San Jose. It is a relaxed and informal atmosphere where you can meet other fellow enthusiasts and purchase a few plants for your collection. A small plant show will be held inside the library with talks about CPs, their habits and how to grow them. We hope that you can make it.

The event will be held April 2nd (Saturday) at the Santa Teresa Library in South San Jose - conveniently located close to two highways and mass transit and will last from noon until 4:00PM. There is no cost to attend - so bring your friends and family to this event.

South Bay Carnivorous Plant and Sale
290 International Circle
San Jose, CA 95119

April 2nd from 12:00 noon to 4:00PM

Hope to see you there!

What are the fees for selling there? Do we need to show up before 12 PM to set up?

Hey Brokken, any chance you can post some pics post show? I want to pretend I was there :)

looks like i will be seeing you guys there! :)

Again, I wish to remind that we have our show going on this Saturday starting at Noon till 4:00PM:

South Bay Carnivorous Plant and Sale
290 International Circle
San Jose, CA 95119

For those traveling on 101: Take the Blossom Hill exit heading west. Make a left on Poughkeepsie and then a right onto Cottle Road. Follow Cottle (over 85) and then turn left onto Santa Teresa. The library will be on the left, adjacent to the Kaiser Permanente hospital.

For those using 85, take the Cottle Road exit going west. Make a left onto Santa Teresa.

Hope to see you there!

-B-

I'm going! :woot: See you all there!

Hi,

One last reminder that our South Bay Carnivorous plant show is on for tomorrow from 12:00 Noon to 4:00PM at the Santa Teresa Library (Closest intersection is Cottle Road and Santa Teresa Blvd) by the Santa Teresa Kaiser Permanente. For address and directions, please refer to the posts above.

One more piece of information: For those driving, there will be parking on International Drive and across the street at the Strip Mall. In said Strip Mall there is also a Bank of the West bank and associated ATM. There is also a Wells Fargo at the intersection of Cottle and Poughkeepsie and a Bank of America on Bernal as one approaches the intersection of Santa Teresa when heading west.

There are a number of eateries across the street on Santa Teresa Road and also on Bernal Road for those wishing to grab lunch or early dinner.

Finally, for those who chose to leave your car behind and take public transit, the Santa Teresa Library is conveniently located a quarter mile from the termius of the the Santa Teresa Light Rail Station:

http://www.vta.org/schedules/lr_interactive_map/lrBusMap.html

The hospital is also conveniently serviced by VTA's route 68:

http://www.vta.org/schedules/SC_68_MAP.GIF

Hope to see a lot of you out there! :)

I'll be there!

I have to say... thanks to all the work of the exhibitors, attendees and staff, the event was a resounding success. We'll be putting together a new show next week.... oh wait, it's not April Fools anymore. We hope that next year it'll be even better! Thank you all for making this premiere a great show. Next year we promise better advertising and less stress for those involved! :)

A big thanks to all who made this possible. I know that a lot of you - especially Jeff Voth and his wife who are expecting their first child and Mitch Davis without whose immense help this show wouldn't have gotten off the ground for making this a staple. I'll be sure to post a more detailed report after some well deserved R&R.

Yey! :)

That was awesome. Finally a meet for the south bay. :)

good times! im sure plenty of people appreciated meeting in the south side! i sure i enjoyed myself.

Back