What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

source of locations?

Hi everybody, I know I don't ever really say much in the forums, but I always check them out as often as I can. And I was wondering if I could ask for some advice. My wife and I are starting to plan a trip, for our tenth anniversary in august, (she likes to plan ahead) and are going to head to the southeastern US. She said she wanted to head that way so we could see CPs in the wild. (something I've always wanted to do!) I was just wondering if there are any sites that can help me with locations of CPs, so we can plan on what states we need to go to. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!

check out the conservation forum, It may give you some ideas.
Pm me with any questions.

There are TONS of bogs all along the gulf coast from Eastern TX through Florida.

As ozzy said, you may want to post on the conservation forum. Barry Rice may have some ideas for you. I know for one there is a huge CP preservation project in the Big Thicket (TX). I've been there, it's pretty incredible. Sarracenia, pings, drosera etc. The down side... is unless that's your only plan... that part of TX sucks. So ... not much entertaining to do on your 10th ;) ---- Another thought... is head to New Orleans for the anniversary ... and then go to East TX by car. ... that's doable.

Hi Jason

Good to see you.
smile.gif
Sounds like a cool 10th anniversary plan to me.

I can't help you out though...I don't know specifically of places like that. I think in Mississippi there is the DeSoto National Park that has sarracenia. (I think that's the name...)

Anyway, good to see youre still around.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Thanks for the info peoples, I'll be sure to check all that out, everything's in the planning phase right now.

Thanks everybody!

Hi Suzanne!

North Carolina is a hotbed of wild CPs, including being the homeland of the VFT. Plus, there's the North Carolina Botanical Garden in Raleigh, which houses a stunning Sarracenia collection. It may not be wild, but it's still a must see for any CPer in the area.

The Atlanta BotanicaL garden has a stunning collection of Sarracenia and Nepenthes. They are also the center for conservation efforts in the southeast.

Back