What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Song From Planet Earth

Ladies and gentlemen I must say something I'm sure will completely surprise you, either because you already thought I was insane or because you can't comprehend such a thing, but really. I'm going insane! Why? Because I can't freakin' find the song from the opening to Planet Earth! I've been looking for like a week now and I can't find it! Does ANYONE recognize THIS song... http://youtube.com/watch?v=gIn5LxMqZTU

If anyone knows the name of it, I will...I will..... well I'll thank them thoroughly.

I have to see that documentary. What is that, like 11 parts? 11 hours? Sounds better than Blue Planet.

Oh crap.... isn't that tonight? Lol, I'm glad I saw this thread. I'll watch it the second time around at midnight tonight. They should have the name listed in the end credits. I'm like you, I like powerful orchestras! THX!!!!! None of that wimpy crap for me! I do like chamber music though.... sweet Jesus I love chamber music. Organs are beautiful.

If you like that, try Lux Aeterna by Clint Mansell. All of the best people are Clints. Clint Mansell, Clint Eastwood, Clint Parsons......

Who's Clint Parsons? Never heard of him. ;P

And I did look in the credits, they go by too fast but I don't think I saw a credit for "Opening Theme". Some people that I've been collaborating with have said that it may be something composed by John Powell, so I am looking into that as well.

And I'm gonna look for Lux Aeterna right now. :D

Epic music rocks.

Edit: Lux Aeterna is the same thing as Requiem For a Dream isn't it? I already yoinked that. :p (Good movie too, btw.)

Edit2: Nevermind, same soundtrack.. CONFUSING.

Yeppers that's the song from the movie. It rocks but that movie's final scene..combined with the music... wow. VERY powerful.

Yeah this is a different version of that song. :D I kinda like this version a little better, possibly just because it's different.

I just got my hands on a copy of Requiem for a Dream. I think I'm gonna watch it in a bit since it's been like...3 years since I saw it.

ick..that movie is awful. Its like story A for 2 minutes, then story B for 10 seconds, then A for 3 seconds, then story C for 45 seconds, story B for 30 minutes, story D for 8 seconds, etc.

Also, the cinematography is godawful. Its like they gave a camera to a monkey with parkinson's and told him to film while underwater.

Lol, I consider the way that the movie is played out to be.. uhh.. the best part. Opinions vary.

It's done that way to show the erraticism of drug addiction, I think. It's an independent film, too. Indie films aren't the best when it comes to cameras but make up for it with substance (no pun intended).

Magnolia is another good indie...and so is Pink Flamingos!

Yeah I've seen quite a few indie films and none of which have very still cameras, but you usually forget about it after 15 or so minutes.

Michael Gondry's movies are like that, but they're so good that you forget. :D

Oh uhhh on topic.. I have found a possible artist of the opening theme for the show but I couldn't find any signs of it on his myspace or anything.

Edit: FOUND IT! But it's on a site that has a LOT of music that I absolutely LOVE but sadly I can't download.. D: not yet at least.

If you like that, try Lux Aeterna by Clint Mansell. All of the best people are Clints. Clint Mansell, Clint Eastwood, Clint Parsons......

:-))

Chrono, the comments on the video have lots of suggestions as to what the music might be, but I'd guess it was probably something custom written for the show. Discovery has poured more money into this than any other documentary ever. They spent 5 years and it was all filmed in HD.

ick..that movie is awful. Its like story A for 2 minutes, then story B for 10 seconds, then A for 3 seconds, then story C for 45 seconds, story B for 30 minutes, story D for 8 seconds, etc.

Also, the cinematography is godawful. Its like they gave a camera to a monkey with parkinson's and told him to film while underwater.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but you're the only person I've heard express this so far. Every review I've read has had only astonishing things to say.

That, and I saw the first 2 parts myself and it's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I think you're alone here.

Videophiles.

edit: I thought you were talking about Planet Earth, sorry. YOU GUYS SUCK

You've only seen the first 2 chapters? Oh man you gotta watch it all the way through. The ending scene screwed up my head for a good 2 days. I was emotionally disturbed.

You've only seen the first 2 chapters? Oh man you gotta watch it all the way through. The ending scene screwed up my head for a good 2 days. I was emotionally disturbed.

I didn't think all 11 parts had already been shown?

Jeztor, they're talking about the movie "Requiem for a Dream", not the Planet Earth show. Oddly enough. :offtopic:

Jeztor, they're talking about the movie "Requiem for a Dream", not the Planet Earth show. Oddly enough. :offtopic:

Oooooo, well in that case that changes everything. :crazy:

Back to what phissionkorps said then...they filmed the movie that way on purpose, to make it feel chaotic. "Requiem for a Dream" was awesome. I'll never ever do drugs because of that movie.

But yeah Planet Earth was cool.

only two episodes were shown on saturday right? i think the rest were re-runs. anyways,
planet earth was awesome but the first episode (pole to pole) kinda made me sad. i know its only natural for wolves, augr* cats and other animals to hunt but i didnt want to watch the "chase" clips. i wanted to cry when the goat tripped, slowed down, and was eventually killed by the wolf.

i liked the second episode much better, although a couple of the footages were shown originally in blue planet.

i wish i had an hdtv.

jlap,

what was the ending scene? what happened?

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!

The mother became addicted to diet pills (amphetamines), when into psychosis and was put in a ward and recieved electroshock therapy because they thought she was crazy--she wasn't just was having a bad episode.

The son lost an arm to an infected injection site, his friend would up in prison, and his GF became a hooker at sex parties with old men to support her heroin addiction. It showed it REALLY graphically.

They showed worst case scenarios but it was really, really good. Everyone should see it.

Back OT, the third deep sea episode was the best so far!

Clint, since you said you like epic songs as well. I thought I'd give you this link that has the song I wanted.. and like every other song that I've ever looked for..

http://www.apmmusic.com/myapm/main.php

Click "Trailer Music" on the left hand side then "Epic" it will lead you into a directory of hundreds of epic songs and frankly, I have yet to find one that I don't like. The song I was looking for is in the Album "Epic Adventures 1" and the songtitle is "The Time Has Come A". A lot of other songs in that album are EXCELLENT as well.

There is a downside to this motherload of epics... we can't download any unless we're a part of a company. I also tried to rip a couple of them but I get this hissing sound in the background.... it wouldn't be much of a bother to a normal person.. but to a semi-perfectionist like me....... well it royally pisses me off. :p

Ohh cool. So it's called "epic"? Neat. I just finished my final exam for Sociology (92, thank you very much) so I'm gonna go take a nap and listen to it later. Thanks!

Back