What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Someone loves the outdoors!!

My N. (fusca x veitchii) x copelandii "Mt. Apo" is going crazy with growth and pitcher activity!! Just loving the 80* days and 60* nights.

100_5290.jpg

100_5289.jpg

100_5288.jpg

And as promised.. more kitty pictures.

100_5271.jpg

100_5275.jpg

New pitchers are so exciting! :boogie:

And in that last picture, Thebe looks like she's ready to bring the pain, lol.

Nice plant... and, I just love the cats!

Awesome pitchers!

Spectacular pics, I wish my plants were like that.

such a little pitcher for a such a big leaf o_O'

Spectacular pics, I wish my plants were like that.

I'll be truthful. I think those pictures are either blurry or grainy.

However, the point is made...and that's what it's all about.

I'll be truthful. I think those pictures are either blurry or grainy.

However, the point is made...and that's what it's all about.

I'm with you.. Terrible pics IMO! I'm having trouble with my focal points outside. I'll have to work on that.

Nice pics. It'll be good to let them forage on their own for bugs outside too! We've still got a solid month or so of growth on our outdoor plants.

My neps are all on the windowsill still and doing great. Even the monster cutting I took from my friends' unknown hybrid is still green. I think I've finally gotten something to survive that I didn't buy already potted!

I'm with you.. Terrible pics IMO! I'm having trouble with my focal points outside. I'll have to work on that.

What type of camera do you have? The instruction manual that came with mine has been invaluable in getting nice pictures. It's all about focus, (obviously) and what mode you use. I use spot focus mode for most of my pictures. It gets the subject nicely but leaves the background more or less blurry. I like it though.

Here is an example:

Green+lynx+spider+with+fly.jpg

Do you see how the legs of the spider are in focus but the fly isn't? That's the problem! This picture isn't a really good one, but it is a once-in-a-lifetime shot. The spider caught that fly in front of my very eyes. It didn't use a web, it lunged and grabbed it in its jaws. Super cool!

Here is a better one. I think the focus was pretty good this time...for the sundews but not the butterfly :-( :

D_+indica+with+butterfly.JPG

Great cats!

Back