What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some won't give up...

Hi,

last fall I was bored with all these pale upper pitchers of my N. inermis x ventricosa and so I gave it a new chance to produce lower pitchers...

After about three months have passed life is coming back:

N_inermis_ventricosa_170305_small.jpg

Cheers Joachim

P.S.: Please don't try this with a more valuable plant!!!

Hi Joachim
that is some drastic prunning im amazed it came back but fair play to you.
Bye for now julian

Joachim,

Wow. That should end up as a bushy monster now, eh?
Nice gamble.

Cheers,

Joe

Thats kind of a valuble plant

Hi,

I did this previously with a N. mirabilis which turned out as a nice bush. The N. inermis x ventricosa was quite large and healthy, so the chances were good it would send out some basal shots. And speaking of value, the rest of this plant went to the compost heap... This hybrid is available through a lot of garden centers for very low prices here in Germany, so the interest in cuttings is not that high.

Cheers Joachim

Lol, like I mnetioned in another thread, "one man's trash...."
Is it in the Garden Centers over there because of Thomas Carow? I have heard highland truncata are cheap over there also...

Cheers,

Joe

*picks up knife and walks up to N. alata with boring pitchers*

*realizes it has an offshoot already, and puts the knife down realizing that he wil get the best of both worlds by letting the stem survive.*

Wish We had some good cheep plants like that.

Back