What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some shots in my garden and greenhouse

Even if I am the worst photografer on earth (or I bought the worst camera), here are some shots I took today :

My Temperate Pinguicula seedlings nursery in my greenhouse :
Ping8.jpg

and these minute plantlets will be transfered in another area of the greenhouse (to have free place for next year seedlings) for a new year again and then outside. (no picture)

My greenhouse with some temperate Pinguicula that have not yet a place outside in my garden :
Ping5.jpg

and my biggest P. vallisneriifolia (6 years old) with a lot of runners
Ping4.jpg

In my garden now. Here are the result of the use of BIG boxes.

Pinguicula longifolia subsp. caussensis. The seedling is a good way for having an interested variation in flowers
Ping1.jpg

Pinguicula leptoceras from Col of Tende : even from seeds, the large white spots at the base stay more or less the same
Ping7.jpg

Wow...look at all the pings! They look great. Lucky you for having so much space and so many babies.

Thanks for showing us your "operation." Its always interesting to see how other people grow their plants.

The white speckles in some of the pots...is it crushed coral?

Thanks Eric.
smile.gif

The temperate Pinguicula I grow have the following mix for the ones that love calcareous :

2 parts perlite - 2 parts vermiculite - 1 part pouzzolane (volcanic rock) - 1 part sand - 2 parts calcareous clay (cat litter).

For the one that doesn't love the calcareous, even that I noted no problems on P. corsica for exemple :

2 part sphagnum peat - 1 part vermiculite (but used to put perlite before this year) - 1 part sand.

So for the Pinguicula leptoceras, the white spots are perlite, on the others, it is cat litter. I am also trying Lithotamme pellets that is a calcareous alguae to see if it is better than the cat litter.

My "secret" is the use of large plastic boxes that help colloing the plants when the sun is shinning and this explain why I grow under direct sun my temperate (I am in France so "my" sun should be lest agressive than yours in some part of USA)

Nice plants You take pics like me though.Lol.:p

Pond Boy...

NO, he does not take pics like you! You can see Eric's plants CLEARLY! Your photos are so blurry you can't make out anything.
tounge.gif

-----

Thank you Eric. Have you ever used crushed coral as potting media (pure or mixed)?

Suzanne

No Suzanne, I have never used crushed coral as potting media (pure or mixed). I was affraid of amount of salt that it could give to the plants but why not trying

Back