What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some pics

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Just wanted to share with you all.

This is my hamata

hamata%20purple%20pitcher%203%20closer.jpg

And my lowii

lowii%20lower%20pitcher%20front%20closer.jpg

ABG lowii in sphag

lowii%20in%20the%20moss.JPG

And a close up

lowii%20in%20the%20moss%20close%20crop.jpg

An intermediate pitcher on the same lowii

lowii%20profile.JPG

And a close up on this one

lowii%20profile%20close%20crop%20lid.jpg

This, I think, is trusmadiensis

lowii%20or%20x%20trusmadiensis%20in%20the%20moss%20close%20crop.jpg

A "black" raff

raff%20hand%20sized%20dark%20side.JPG

And a really nice mixta

x%20mixta%20smaller%20lower%203%20close%20crop.jpg

Hope you liked.

Very nice pics!

Man, I wanna go to ABG!

That N. lowii has gotten bigger last time I saw it in the late summer!

Boy, N. x Miranda and N. x Mixta sure are similar!

Fine Photos, Pyro! The lowii pitchers on that carpet of sphagnum is beautiful. We really must get up there to ABG sometime soon.

Dustin, Mixta and 'Miranda' really are quite similar. You really can't tell them apart until the plants are large and well established. To my eye, Miranda has more of a northiana influence to the mouth and peristome, even though the hybrid is (most likely) maxima x Mixta. Also, N. 'Miranda' leaves appear a bit wider in the length to width ratio.

Yeah the sphagnum is also awesome.  
smile.gif

About the lowii closeup. Are those the "white egg thingies" the lower pitchers have under the lid?

Trent, maybe I could see what you're seeing if I had an N. x Mixta plant to compare my N. x 'Miranda' plant to. I've been searching for N. x Mixta for a while but no one seems to have it or want to trade it.

Nice images!  ABG really does have some first rate facilities; we were there back in '99, and it was impressive even then.  The N. lowii on display is quite nice; the person who donated it is quite generous, and I'm sure many of us know who he is!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I've been searching for N. x Mixta for a while but no one seems to have it or want to trade it.

I have it, but won't have any cuttings for a while.  Too bad you don't live near here  -- such cuttings usually go in the trash, I'm sorry to say!
smile_h_32.gif

Phrex,

Yes those are the white egg thingies. Though some are yellow in the pic.

Don't be sorry Jeff, I have many other plants as it is to keep me entertained for the time being.
smile.gif

1: Where's ABG?

2: It looks like the sphagnum is overgrowing those poor plants.

3: Those plants are awesome! I totally want the raff andthe lowii! I also think that trusmadiensis is great. Great pics man.

Back