What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some people.....

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
Just an emial I recently recieved and thought was funny...:-))

ONE Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half dozen nuggets. "We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter. "You don't?" I replied. "We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply. "So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?" "That's right." So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets

TWO I was checking out at the local Wal-Mart with just a few items and the lady behind me put her things on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those "dividers" that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed. After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the "divider", looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it. Not finding the bar code she said to me, "Do you know how much this is?" I said to her "I've changed my mind, I don't think I'll buy that today." She said "OK," and I paid her for the things and left. She had no clue to what had just happened.

THREE A lady at work was seen putting a credit card into her floppy drive and pulling it out very quickly. When I inquired as to what she was doing, she said she was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for a credit card number, so she was using the ATM "thingy."

FOUR I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car. "Do you need some help?" I asked. She replied, "I knew I should have replaced the battery to this remote door unlocker. Now I can't get into my car. Do you think they (pointing to a distant convenience store) would have a battery to fit this?" "Hmmm, I dunno. Do you have an alarm, too?" I asked. "No, just this remote thingy," she answered, handing it and the car keys to me. As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check about the batteries. It's a long walk."

FIVE Several years ago, we had an Intern who was none too swift. One day she was typing and turned to a secretary and said, "I'm almost out of typing paper. What do I do?" "Just use copier machine paper," the secretary told her. With that, the intern took her last remaining blank piece of paper, put it on the photocopier and proceeded to make five "blank" copies.

SIX I was in a car dealership a while ago, when a large motor home was towed into the garage. The front of the vehicle was in dire need of repair and the whole thing generally looked like an extra in "Twister." I asked the manager what had happened. He told me that the driver had set the "cruise control" and then went in the back to make a sandwich.
(and now Winnebago has a disclaimer in their owners manual about this, they got sued over it!!!)

SEVEN My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have problems with their computers. One night he got a call from a woman in one of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got smoke coming from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?"

EIGHT Police in Radnor , Pa. Interrogated a suspect by placing a metal colander on his head and connecting it with wires to a photocopy machine. The message "He's lying" was placed in the copier, and police pressed the copy button each time they thought the suspect wasn't telling the truth. Believing the "lie detector" was working, the suspect confessed.

NINE A mother calls 911 very worried asking the dispatcher if she needs to take her kid to the emergency room, the kid was eating ants. The dispatcher tells her to give the kid some Benadryl and it should be fine . The mother says, I just gave him some ant killer.....

Dispatcher: Rush him in to emergency room!

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid

not quite as bad as the above but we had a gal come in a few months ago with a picture to put in the paper. the photo was of her daughter and it was taken from the side. the woman actually asked us if we could make it so you were looking at the girl straight in the face........i got in trouble for laughing at a customer for that one..............

Some of the customers at Home Depot, where I do p/t cashiering, are very entertaining. It's mostly the guys who are somewhat clueless aboit how to use a pinpad. They will literally hold the artificial pen in their hand and proceed to press tabs with their fingers. They also flip the pen around to hit the Accept tab, instead of the pointy end.

not quite as bad as the above but we had a gal come in a few months ago with a picture to put in the paper. the photo was of her daughter and it was taken from the side. the woman actually asked us if we could make it so you were looking at the girl straight in the face........i got in trouble for laughing at a customer for that one..............

Rattler, that kinda sounds like the Kinko's commercial where the guy comes in and wants the $.49 per page color copy for his presentation. The gal at the counter tells him that the presentation is in black and white. He acknowledges her and says thats why he want color coppies made. :crazy:

lol i love that commercial...........there really are ppl that stupid......

That reminds me of when I was working in Michigan just before I moved down here to Texas for grad school. I was talking to one of my co-workers and told him I had gotten into grad school at Texas State. He then looked at me and with a straight face said "are you going to move down to Texas when school starts?" I responded nope I am going to commute 20 hours each way.

It really is astonishing how many completely clueless people there are out there, all around us. It seems 'common sense' is becoming a thing of the past!

Hilarious read btw.

the woman actually asked us if we could make it so you were looking at the girl straight in the face

Yup, I can believe that. I get odd requests like that. Like...can I make a black-and-white photo color. lol Although I am pretty dang good at being able to "remove" objects from photos (signs, cars, trashcans, etc.), sometimes people ask me to remove major objects. I have to explain that when you remove an object, the background does not exist behind it. I have to be able to totally recreate what would be in the background.

One of our real estate agents, who is a total airhead, went to my supervisor in a agitated state. She said "Someone keeps paging me over and over and over--and they don't leave me a contact number! I keep getting just their name--Losell! Losell! What should I do?!!" My supervisor looked at her pager and said "Your pager battery is low...that is your "low cell" battery warning." :-)) :scratch:

This is a funny thread :D
I have had many little thing nothing cool or funny though .... YET....
Well my dads old employee ripped the carpet out of the wrong house and installed the hardwood flooring :D
He cut the air house then fixed it with ductape (dad says he had a hangover and cut it on purpose) I dunno my dad has had employees for years(not any more) he may have like alota good stories that are hilarious.

ah! the last one is hilarious!

Alex

Back