What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some of my VFTs =)

typical green

this one's really hungry.. look at the amount of traps closed
100_6754.jpg

100_6755.jpg

100_6756.jpg

100_6759.jpg

my baby red VFT
100_6757.jpg

BEFORE:
100_6576.jpg

AFTER:
100_6744.jpg

why is the red color losing? it gets full sun, and sometimes temperature peak to about 35 degree celcius in the afternoon. (i bought this plant from cameron highlands, whereby the temperatures are about 18 degree celcius)

and here's a rose in my garden to wish all of you an early happy valentine's day!
100_6739.jpg

Hi

Hey.....how you've been doing....Well at least ur plants are doing grreat...Anyways nice VFTs and also nice red akai ryu..So far mine is around the size of ur akai ryu just a little bigger...I realised when it just produced its newer traps they are much greener and will slowly turn reddish when they mature and open for buisness

Ken

hi ken! u know what happened to me right.. haha

im fine! how bout u?

hows ur Cps?

Mine color up the best when their growth is slower. I suppose the cooler temps. and good light allows them to concentrate their pigments more. That's in the fall here.

I agree with Droseraguy. Different times of the year promote different trap coloration. In the spring, most of the traps look like those in the second photo. But by fall, they color up nicely. See the photos of some of my plants from last fall here:
Late Summer Venus Flytrap Color

Thanks for sharing the photos. You have some nice looking VFTs there.

Hi Malowie

Yeah sad thing well anyways everybody has to move on....i'm fine.....I once tried growing roses but it died due to heat or some sort of attack from white colour bugs..

Ken

Back