What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of my Neps

I've been lurking for quite a while and thought I should post some of my plants.
N. raffle 'Giant' newly acquired
_MG_3787.jpg

N. raffle
_MG_3788.jpg

N. alata
_MG_3758.jpg

Just got these the other day!
N. albo, N. bica 'orange', N. bica 'red flush'
_MG_3795.jpg

N. bica
_MG_3800.jpg

N. Albo
_MG_3813.jpg

Hope you like them!

Hi, greetings to TF.

You have a nice collection there. :>

Just two questions:

You sure you have a N. alata and not a N. x ventrata?

And why do you have a VFT indoors in a terrarium?

Thanks for sharing!
Which bical is that that you pictured right above the very nice little albo?

So,
That was YOU lurking about! :-O
Welcome and...
Nice collection you have going! :-D

Nice collection as usual Paul!

:>

Just two questions:

You sure you have a N. alata and not a N. x ventrata?

And why do you have a VFT indoors in a terrarium?

Wow never realized that. I bought it as a N. alata, but after looking at pics idk.
The vfts, im planning on putting the red dragon out in my bog in a little bit, the vft typical I don't want to put in my big bog yet bec they are so low to the ground, one heavy rain and they will get covered. I might start a small bog pot but haven't decided yet.

Which bical is that that you pictured right above the very nice little albo?
I want to say that was the "red flush". However they both kind of look the same when they are small. In the big picture of all three I think the "red flush" is in the middle and the orange is on the right. I couldn't believe that one of the pitchers had fangs already.

Thanks guys!

If it was labeled N. alata, it's probably N. x. "Alata," aka Deroose's Alata, a hybrid developed by Deroose plants for easy tissue culturing. The parentage is alata x ( alata x ventricosa ) if I'm not mistaken - they name their hybrids after the mother plant in a rather boring convention. Most people overlook that the x. and capitalized name indicate that it's a named hybrid and not a specimen of the actual species N. alata.
~Joe

Welcome, Paul! Looking great!

Back