What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i got tired of my old 18in flourescents and made this thing instead. i just cut holes in some plexiglass and fitted some reptile light fixtures in it with 6500K CFLs. i still had room for a long tube fixture so i kept it there. im wondering if i should just get rid of it and add a third CFL in the middle and wire them all in parallel. then i'd have more plug-ins for EVEN MORE lights lol

IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

tillandsia
IMG_3706.jpg

Nepenthes splendianaXtruncata from Jefforever
IMG_3707.jpg

baby p.esseriana from SDCP

IMG_3708.jpg

some baby narrow leaf capensis
IMG_3710.jpg

more narrow leaf capensis. these were the most vigorous out of the above two clumps
IMG_3709.jpg

D. aliciae. they look weird because theyve been growing right next to eachother for so long that now theyve pushed sideways
IMG_3711.jpg

big clump of D. nidiformis
IMG_3712.jpg

pot of nidiformis seedlings
IMG_3713.jpg

nidiformis seedlings close-up
IMG_3714.jpg

these are D. Venusta from SDCP's give-away
IMG_3715.jpg

D. adelae from Kgrudz
IMG_3716.jpg

adelae is doing good for you. glad to see.

The D. nidiformis clump looks awesome!

N00b question here, but what do you have that baby P. esseriana growing in? I see that moss is present in a few plants I've ordered from online nurseries and was always curious. I also have a P. esseriana from SDCPs. Well, to be honest, about a third of my collection is his! It was a lovely trade...

its just equal parts sand/peat (pool filter sand)its what i use for nearly everything.

the moss just comes from the peat. its pretty much unavoidable i think unless you have REALLY good airation (like, outdoors) its harmless tho. my aliciae is sitting on like 2 inches of it right now. you can also pluck it out with tweezers as it comes up to keep it under control

Back