What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some N. Thorelii in my home

Crazy nice plants Phoenix!

I applaud your efforts. Responsible wild collecting is just what the nep world needs. Genetic variation, and saving the plants from our stupid species sounds fine to me.

BUT "saving" every sight you see is wrong. Stealing from nature is the highest sin IMO.

Nice job Phoenix. ;)

what a great garden and a great collection you have. I am proud of you.
Plz tell everybody the truth.

Actually, i'm just save them from the project for building a new city . And the goverment supported me and some guys who can save and take nature plants from this forest when the project starting. If you say that is illegal SirKristoff, i don't know what is legal... :(. And when i saved them ( Nepenthes) i'm trying find the way to grow them, to mutiplies them, and to take them back to other forest. And the reason when i ask what is the best way to multiplies them because when i try to multiplies them by raise the branchs , just 20 - 30% can become new plants, the other you know, die..

Halt said:
anyway, does it look like pheonix is trying to sell the nep? he's multiplying it, also in this thread, he is asking what is the best way to multiply. why would he ask that? most likely to put it back to the wild.

Im pretty smart :)

... growing carnivorous plant without a permit is illegal?

Im pretty smart :)
Yes, it's nice that he's multiplying them, but it was still "wrong" to take it from the wild. It might not be wrong in OUR eyes, but he still wasn't technically supposed to do that. :x But what's done has been done. Don't get me wrong, I support him and hope he continues with multiplying them, and I agree with you. Congratulations on your work, Phoenix!

... growing carnivorous plant without a permit is illegal?

Of course, not. Only taking them from the wild and illegal trading is illegal.

Man this is just insanity..........So many of them...What are you like starting a buisness or something :D

Ken

Man this is just insanity..........So many of them...What are you like starting a buisness or something :D

Ken

My destiny just want to take it out of cites, i want to grow more ..more..more... like grass:-)), and Thorelii will be grow everywhere in my country, even in local city:-D.

And my problem is i can't multiply them by cutting. Another method, when they grow good the root of them will born some bubs, and it can become an other plants..

Sample :

CanThienLinh007.jpg

CanThienLinh008.jpg

Back