What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some kinda meh close up invertebrates

• Thread starter Peatmoss
  • Start date
It was sunny today, so I grabbed the camera and took some pics of the local microfauna.

DSC_0001-10.jpg

DSC_0014-2.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to remove three of those pics which were not up to my standards.

Here are some more, managed to find a nice little jumping spider, which was awesome.

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

These are not edited at all, unlike the photos above...

Awww aren't the jumping spiders so cute? They have funny little attitudes too, love watching them. Nice pics!

Love that little jumping spider :D.

Awww aren't the jumping spiders so cute? They have funny little attitudes too, love watching them. Nice pics!
YES. Jumping spiders are so amazing. Watching them hunt is fascinating.

Great shots, Peatmoss. I've found ants to be darn near impossible to shoot, they NEVER. SIT. STILL.

It was so sunny outside, that I was shooting at F/9 and 1/250th of a second... So the only problem with the ants was focus, and I focus like lightning!

Haha, very nice. That's one of the things I'm needing to practice is focusing on the fly. It's one thing to focus on a plant with a tripod, it's a whole 'nother thing to try and focus on a flying bee, haha. I'm pretty bad at it. Gotta keep practicing, I guess.

Oh yeah, a photo of any insect in flight would be incredible, but very difficult... I tried with wasps yesterday, and it did not work.

Perhaps if you found a bees nest, and set up next to it, with the focus trained on the entrance, you could get a shot...

Back