What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some D. adelae questions

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
I bought an D. adelae.There is a ton of plants in it. The roots are all over the bottom of the pot and water tray, growing all out. Now i have a few questions. 1 Can i repot it and cut off the roots on the bottom to make it easier 2. If so, for root cuttings do i bury the roots or leave them on top. 3. Can i divide them. 4. Can i just use plain peat, or should i use peat, LFS, and perlite?5. Also, i can have the pot bottom continuously in water like the tray system, like the D. binata and Sarracenia.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you can take any of those approaches with this plant, even cutting the roots.

I use 100% dead LFS for all of mine, and I think that is what most people use as well for D. adelae. I wouldn't recommend pure peat. If you really prefer peat, then use a mix of silica sand and peat or perlite and peat if you can't find any sand. I normally place my D. adelae root cuttings right below the soil. They always find their way to the top, even if they're down quite far.

Yeah, i was talking to someone i bought some of my plants and they told me how: i am using 50/50 peat Lfs, and after the cuttings, put a white walmart bag around the water tray.

Back