What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some bad photos

schloaty

Staff member
DVC00245.JPG
Miranda pitcher

DVC00246.JPG
close up of petrisome

DVC00247.JPG
grainy pic of my large ventrata

DVC00248.JPG

pitcher of ventrata

DVC00250.JPG
pitcher of that hybrid that was called "Tobaica." Nice.

hmmmm interesting background
tounge.gif
my Miranda is a bit tubbier but other than that its identical.

Rattler

hee hee....I had to put them on the bar....I brought them in from outside (we had some nice days that got not so nice recently), and it was either that or back in the tank. Since I want them hardened off, I figured the bar was as good a place as any....and it gets good sun in the morning.
smile.gif

Nice plants. The "tobaica" are supposedly vetricosa x khasiana. You can certainly see the former in there, and you have grown it out well.
Is the ventrata one of the petflytrap ones?

regards,

Joe

Hey Joe,
I got the ventrata as a trade from someone....Dyflam I think, so I don't know the origin of the plant. Could be, I guess, but most likely not.

The miranda, though, is from PFT.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The "tobaica" are supposedly vetricosa x khasiana. You can certainly see the former in there, and you have grown it out well.
Thanks! I wonder why people think khasiana is the other parrent? The pattern on the pitcher sugests fusca or maxima to me. Though it's a mystery. I'm only looking at the pitcher, not the leaf shape or attachement or flowers...etc.
Anyway, I can't take that much credit for growing it out well...It's a very forgiving plant. Just like the ventrata, humidity is not a big issue, neither is temperature. I've grown it as a lowland and a highland, 90% humid and 45% humid. Almost no difference. Pitchers tend to last a smidgen longer in higher humidity, but that's about it!
biggrin.gif

WOW those photos do suck!  I was all set to disagree with your topic lol

Plants look great though.  Would be funny if they looked like that in real life.. hmm where did I put my glasses?

(couldn't resist)

T

ps... martini in the Miranda pitcher please.. Dry!

tounge.gif
 at Tony!  I only have a video camera that takes digital stills....Doing the best I can with the resources available...
sad.gif

Nice plants! The ventrata is gorgeus!
smile.gif

Back