What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solar powered mini fans?

I was thinking about adding some small fans to a few shelves to increase the air circulation.

Are there any small solar powered fans that you can sit on your shelves for this?
I was thinking maybe they could use your grow lights as the power source?

Thoughts? Images? links?

Thank you,
Steve

i bought some from ebay in hong kong and they work but the need direct sunlight on the solar power cells. Initially when I held them up a CF bulb, they didnt' work. Only worked with direct sunlight. But I will retest to see if they work from other light sources just to make sure.

:-O These things are so fun to make!!
I always plug a shredded cable into the wall outlet since computer fans use very little power, but I guess solar could work too! The solar panels must produce about 3 volts to make it spin, more voltage for faster spin. Shred back the computer fan wire and connect the black to the black wire, red to the red wire... and so on. The non solar method: Get an old phone charger and take some of the plastic covering off of the wire. Strip plastic off of the red and black wires on the fan and the charger. Twist the black wires together and the red wires together. Plug it in/put the solar under the lights and it should work! If your using high voltage (12volts for big 12 volt fan), try not to get shocked :censor:.

If you need a computer fan just disect a computer, or if you need a powerful 12v fan that cools down supercomputers:D, go to a computer store.

Back