What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOB! No!

• Thread starter Darcie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
sad.gif
My Mom  threw out my dorment VFT named Green SOB!  I dug through the trash and found it's little pile of dirt, but I can't find Green, SOB!  WHY DID IT HAVE TO HAPPEN!

... I feel sick, like I'm going to throw up I'm so sad. How could this have happend
sad.gif

sad.gif

That's awful! I guess she thought it was dead or something. It's sad that you can't find Green though. My VFT froze in the back of the fridge.

-_-

Man, I swear, people just don't THINK. It's like you gotta put a BIG FAT SIGN over your stuff "DON'T TOUCH ON PAIN OF DEATH!"

Darcie, I'm so sorry! Milk it. Make her feel so guilty she buys you a whole new tray of them!
mad.gif
mad.gif

I'm sorry to hear that Darcie. But I guess she didn't realize what it was. It is good if more than one person is using a fridge to label any bags clearly so that doesn't happen. Still...I know its hard to lose a plant you've had for a good while.
sad.gif

Darcie: I can relate, sorta. Reminds me of my second VFT that got killed. My friend, while driving up to college, accidently knocked it onto the floor. It was a goner! What is your major, by the way?

Now, now! Blood is thicker than....oh wait, it's not is it.

Darcie would you like me to include a one in the plants I am sending?

If it makes you feel better Darcie, my moms done worse
smile.gif

I am sorry to hear that Darcie. I can relate to having things tossed out simply because the other person either doesn't see a use for it or they think its dead. What gets me is why people toss something out that isn't thiers in the first place. Seems to me they should ask first.

Sorry to hear that Darcie. Maybe your Mom will get you a replacement.

sry to hear that darcie , i've never had a problem like that but i know how hard it is to lose something you cared about so much , i can relate , my grandmother once thought that my dormant bag of s. pssitacina was a red onion and almost cooked it with her soup
biggrin.gif
good thing i stopped her or else all she would've eating is peat moss and pitchers with dead bugs .

Well if you buy a new one it won't be dormant so you can have a fully grown GD again
smile.gif

Nick - that avatar's great!

Thanks everyone. She did ask, but about a different pot of dirt. She assumed the same went for all pots of dirt apparently >_< The good news is she felt bad enough to let me use a strainer in the sink and threton it with vile "dirt" in order to help me find Greenie. The good news is that in addition to last weeks stir fry, I found it
biggrin.gif
! YAY! I can't belive I found that itty bitty leafless minni potato of a mutant flytrap (it's had some health issues ever since a fungi attack). I don't know how badly hurt it was by the ordeal, but it's down to 1 root... not that it was using it since it dropped all it's leaves for winter insted of just slowing growth like my others do. *Sigh* I'll have to wait and see if it is still alive next spring
smile.gif

... Thanks for the offers on new plants, but I'm okay
smile.gif
I got a new vft just a few days ago with all red traps
smile.gif

... I'm a biology major ;)

I guess they don't have a CP major. Those Philistines! Can you recite the Krebs cycle?

Back