What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So excited!

My stepdad is building me a greenhouse and I'm so excited. He won't tell me anything about it but all he says it that I am really going to like it!! When I get my greenhouse I wanna divide it into 2 sections. One sorta like a cold house for when plants go dormant or they require temps. around 40 and the other side a warm house for the ones that need 60 0r 70 degrees. How do I do that?

Thats cool! I would love to have one. Have fun with it.

Joe

A good thing to do before you make a greenhouse, is to get a book on them. This will have heaps of information. It also explains it in the Savage Garden. But to heat up a certain area you can use a heap of different things e.g. Heaters, Heating pads etc. There are quite a few new things on the market. But yeah read some books and you will get a better idea.
Olly

New and expensive, yes. At least for a child like me...
wink.gif

well i will check out a book on greenhouses. I won't see it until it's done though b/c i'm in college.

Cool!! Greenhouses are a lot of fun! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

-buckeye

You could partition it and heat the insulated partition for warmer tropical plants. I suggest an oil or kerosene fired heater, or propane if you don't mind spending a little bit more money for it.

Kerosene is similar to Diesel fuel and can be delivered to the outdoor fuel tank from a fuel supply company such as Agway or propane from Suburban Propane (don't know if you people know of these suppliers but we have them round here) Kerosene can also be purchased from a gas station usually.

congrats, girlie!!

you'll have to post some pics of your greenhouse.

Back