What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SNOW?!?!?!

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
THought this was just a neat pic. Fungal bloom in my window bubble.

P5150001.jpg

Very lovely Travis. Great picture!!

Very nice picture it does look like snow. =)

Has it happened before? If not, maybe you'll have a bunch of shrooms popping up. I've got 3 different unknown kinds going in my anole terrarium, tiny hair thin white ones, larger white ones with brownish caps, and large dayglo orange ones with "nippled" caps.

This one is new to me but I have had blooms in tanks before. I believe these are the "shrooms" (i.e fruiting bodies) for whatever species this is. I guess I could break out my shroom guide and see if I can key it out but I am too lazy LOL

They look like the mature rhizomorphs of mushroom mycelium (mycelium that is ready to fruit), you can try initiating fruiting by covering some of them with a fine shallow layer (1/2" or so) of some crushed oak leaf mould or plain vermiculite and mist it heavily every couple days. Within a week or two you'll probly have real mushroom shaped fruits - what kind who knows?

That is a very interesting pic

Very cool-looking stuff! Awesome pic.

But...let's not talk about fungal blooms. I just got diagnosed with thrush today. NOT fun. :(

tis a Ceratiomyxa sp. of slime mould.

plasmodium with developing fruitbodies
image64.jpg

closeup of mature fruitbodies
Ceratiomyxasp.04.jpg

Neat. That must be one of the coolest fungi ever.

Nice contrasts. I can envision it exploding in growth like something from Planet Earth.

xvart.

could those affect the growth of whatever cp that is?

could those affect the growth of whatever cp that is?

It is a Ceph. Doubt it'll impact it much, not all fungi are bad :) Plus the Ceph is pretty well established so it should be able to put up with a cohort. And if not I always have more Cephs...

Back