What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snow storm

Hello Everyone i havent been on in a while but i have traded with a few people and they have seemed to be happy with their trades. But anyway Here in Middle Tennessee we have had some really bad snow storms in the past two weeks and the snow was so heavy it broke the glass in the ceiling of my green house. Everyone of my nepenthes and Venus flytraps and assortment of Exotic Plants Have recently passed Away to that green house in the sky. I have had grown some of them from cuttings and they were growing up so nicely they were like my children. So I am sadly putting to rest my garden shovel - Peat Moss - And Flower Pots. And I wish everyone else the best of luck.

TnCpCollector . . .
sad.gif

Aww thats a darn shame about the plants! That realy sucks! I think its going around unfortunately it seems alot of people are losing thier plants due to the conditions....

Sorry to hear about that TnCPCollector.

Tncpcollector, where do ou live in middle TN, I live in Clarksville.

Ah, sorry to here that!
sad.gif
I lost my entire drosera collection to old man winter too. Just keep your head up high though and think you can start over fresh again.
smile.gif
That's how I am looking at it.

Tncpcollector, I wouldn't throw them out. You'll probably be surprised to find that some of them will come back up in the Spring, especially the VTFs.

I live in cookeville and i dont know if anything will live because we have had below 0 temps. But im going to start in the spring buy rebuilding a better and larger green house hopefully

Sorry to hear that. It does pay to get the strongest model you can afford. I have lost greenhouses to poor weather and vowed only to buy the most robust on the market

Back