What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snakes!

• Thread starter Exo
  • Start date

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
I Saw a few of the Garter snakes that live in my yard were coming out of their dens to mate and explore today and decided to post a few pics. They are so used to human interaction year after year that many of them are pretty much tame....

snake02_3-20-11.jpg

snake01_3-20-11.jpg

snake03_3-20-11.jpg

Cute! I loved playing with garter snakes as a kid. The ones I would find were a bit more wary though, I suspect - my cat was a vicious hunter. Nothing wiggly, squeaky or fluttery was safe in my yard. XD
~Joe

Look at those beady little eyes.. plotting, scheming, waiting to strike. EVIL!! Glad that's not my yard.

We used to catch them under the garbage bins out in the neighborhood garden. But they were not tame really they didn't care for us grabbing at them! LOL

We used to catch them under the garbage bins out in the neighborhood garden. But they were not tame really they didn't care for us grabbing at them! LOL

Yeah..these ones I can actually hold without much fuss...well..most of them..there are certain individuals that aren't as friendly....namely the oldest and largest ones, the ones that were there before my family moved to this house.

Awesome! They's so cute n precious lookin! :awesome:

Yes, cause they're cute-big, and not like, ratsnake-big. That's uncute.

Yes, cause they're cute-big, and not like, ratsnake-big. That's uncute.

Yeah...poor ratsnakes...they look like they are hopped up on meth or something. :0o:

Awesome. I captured a few at my friends house, one of them was really nippy and small. :p

garter snakes just loooove to poop i used to have 1

Gartersnake mating orgy...most of these are males....there is a female or two somewhere in that mess. ;)

snakes_4-4-11.jpg

Back