What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snake traps

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    tiny
i fully understand the importance of scale counts but where i live, short of possible hybrids between the 3 or 4 species of gatrers coloration/shape alone can tell you what snake you have found. we dont have that many different types.

Rattler

Between Bullsnakes,an occasional pale milksnake, and plains garters, it would be useless. But in Ozzy's case, if he has an intergrade or a visitor from where ever, keying it down would help. Be glad you are not in Arizona at the four corners, sand snakes, leaf nosed, patch noses, and a host of others, so similar in coloration, and yet distinct species, keying was your only hope!! 3 species of sand snakes (shovel nosed), 2 species of leaf nosed, and 2 species of patch nosed. Sometimes their patterns didn't help much.

what do you mean be glad im dont have that problem?!?!?! i would love to have enough different types of snakes around here to have that problem. dont get me wrong i love my 6 ft bullsnakes. cute lil green snakes and garters, agressive yellowbellied racers ect ect ect but a few more species would be nice.

Rattler

Bugweed,

Being married with two kids makes it hard to do, but I have always wanted to go to Cherry County, NE and look for pale milks...It's about a seven hour drive from here, I think.

Cheers,

Joe

Back