What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small Aquatic

Is there any type of aquatic utric that I can grow in a medium/smallish vase? Like a glass vase? Is it easy, or am I just dreaming?

u.gibba. Thats the plant you ewant for a vase or small container. all u have to do is add some peat in the water. Thtas it.

What is the smallest do u think, i can get container wise for it?

where can i find u.gibba from? does anyone have seeds?

amd how do you grow them from a seed in a vase or bowl?

I've heard that it's tough to get them to flower when growing in a vase so you're best off just getting some plants instead of seed from somebody.

Mine's in a small fishbowl, about 6 inches in diameter. Filled with 1 1/2 inches of water, 1/2 inch of peat thrown in.

ugibba.jpg

Pop me an e-mail or message and I can send you some sase or trade.  
biggrin.gif

Cool, thanks...

I can get a plant for one dollar, though shipping will cost like, five... Hahahaha...

Can you make it deeper though?

Another possibility is macrorhiza. Here it grows in 4 inches of water and thrives. Aquatic culture is not often easy in small containers, algae is always a problem (at least for me).

Back