What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Size does matter

Ideal height for a terrarium?

I am thinking of having the local reptile centre make me a glass terrarium, they make them fairly cheep. I was wondering what would be the ideal height for it? It will be 3-4 feet long and two feet wide.

Most likely this tank will house neps.

Depends what plants you want in it. For heaven's sake do not fill it with Tobiaca if your going to make it only 12 inches high!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
I would say MINIMUM height shoudl be a fot and a hlaf but that's cutting it close. I would go 2 ft tall if I were you. Also max height is your choice just as long as you can provide the palnts with enough light.

10-gallon is a little small for a Nep. As my Ventricosa is doing to good (which is good) and taking over my tank
confused.gif
(its a little pig
wink.gif
)  A 10-gallon would do fine for vfts and sundews but Neps., and Sarrs.(certain ones) may out grow a 10 after a couple months.

travis

mn:
Yes size does matter! If I were you I would get a bigger tank because the pure fact you can fit more cps in. I would get a 25 gallon or so. If you worry about certain plants not getting enough light just add something on the bottom to get it closer to the light.

Back