What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single light for a terrarium

• Thread starter nate78+1
  • Start date
I'm in the midst of putting together a terrarium for a heliamphora. I was just going to use a double shop light setup like I do for my other plants but then I was given the idea of a single light bulb with a reflector since it will just be one plant instead of the big shop lights. Do you guys have any recommendations for good products in this situation.

I know that some people use a bank of cfls when they want to grow singular plants in enclosed spaces. But, you may want to go ahead and get the double lights so you have room to expand in that terrarium. Always better to have too much room than not enough.

If you're really set on a single bulb, a CFL and a clamp on fixture may do the trick. I've heard really great things about the sunblaster CFL'S. I actually will be setting up some of those this morning for my wife's garden starts.

I do agree with grey moss though that just getting the shop light setup would be a better option in the long run. It allows more room for future growth. I'm constantly expanding my collection.

Best of luck!

Boarderlib's grow list : Grow Lists
Boarderlib's Fly trap photos : Photos of Venus Fly Traps

Yeah, my immediate thought is, "it'll be one plant, NOW." Who has just one for long? ;-) And shop lights are cheap enough that unless you really have limited space, you'll get a much better deal than with a single bulb and reflector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back