What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
IMG_0062-1.jpg
D. paradoxa

IMG_0055-1.jpg
either erricksoniae or allantostigma

IMG_0047-1.jpg
D. capensis (all red)

IMG_0037-1.jpg
D. pymaea

IMG_0020-1.jpg
D. capillaris

IMG_0019-1.jpg
D. brevifolia

IMG_0018-1.jpg
D. intermdia

IMG_0016-1.jpg
D. admirabilis

IMG_0015.jpg
D. venusta

IMG_0012.jpg
D. spatulata

That's what the porch did to the survivors!

Capensis red is awesome! I'm starting to really like capensis despite its sheer weediness, or maybe because of it. That's a great pygmy in the 8th pic too. Which one is it? Some species of occidentalis?

That first petiolaris pic is stunning! What kind is it? I like the 5th pic as well

I just moved my plants into direct sunlight for most of the day, and my Capensis which are just the narrow and typical varieties, and not the red variety, have almost turned completely red!

Wooo~:-O amazing!!
They are really complete red. so beautiful.
thanks to your great photos, my friend.:-D

Gr8 looking all red Cape, there Jim.
The rest of your photos are impressive. also

Coservaton thru propagation and sharing
Lois

Very nice plants! I hunted for the "true" D. capensis 'All Red' for about 3 and a half years.. Once I found it, the plant was small. And it grows slower than typical capensis for me.. It also doesn't flower as much. But are these things bad? They are what makes us not care for capensis after all... I LOVE the 'All Red' now that I've had it for a while... Here are a few pics (plant is in 3.5" pot):

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27&d=1179348831

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28&d=1179494496

I guess this is as good time as any to announce I will have D. capensis 'All Red' available in my store very soon! So your chance to own it is soon approaching. Without all the searching that I had to do :p

Andrew

Last edited:
I want.

Thank you for the compliments! I added the names to the pictures.

Back