What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I transplant my vft?

Should I transplant my VFT when I get it home? It'll be coming from Lowes or a plant nursery within the next week, and I want to know what to do. ???

You might want to. Those stores hardly ever know what they're doing with VFTs, so they probably put weird stuff in the soil. If you do transplant it, don't use an unglazed clay pot. You should use a plastic pot with drainage holes in the bottom.

I agree with maneatingmoo, I would replant it. It's likely that the soil has impurities in it. Use pure peat moss or a peat moss and perlite mix and a plastic pot with drain holes.

Im fairly new to these plants and have noticed a big difference in the plants after they have been replanted into a new plastic pot.

My Lowes here, since its the end of the growing season, dont have plastic pots available...so if you cant find them, my VFT is growing great in a large yogurt container and my others are also in tuperware and seem to be doing great. :)

We have some pots in the garage :) I'm using 50/50 Peat Moss and Sand.

Back