What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

serious mite problems!

hey i recently bought a nep with lots growth, then it came up with a bad case of mite infection. I went to a big nursery in singapore to try to find miticide but they didnt have it and other nurseries will probably not sell it.
What should i do? are their any other ways to treat this? like soaking it in water or something...
i dont really want to "throw" it away because it is having lots of growth and i might want to do cuttings on it.
what should i do?
can it or does it spread to neps/VFt/etc easily

This might help with your mites.

When I got my first Nep's from home depot they had some unwanted stowaways. At the time I was told mites will not like the humid conditions in my terrarium and sure enough after about two months I could not find a single one.

I was kind of surprised as in the past with other house plants I had the worst time trying to get rid of mites.

Andre

Dear Wezx:

a sulphur containing solution such as the ones sold as fungicides may help get rid of those pests. Once they are gone, pet flea collars in the shelves of the greenhouse may help scare any unwanted insect or arthropod away.

Gus

thx alot guys ill keep my nep in a humid condition.

Back