What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

September gallery

Here are some of my younger plants, and their pitchers.

First up, N. spectablilis x ventricosa:
N_spectabilis_x_ventricosa3.sized.jpg

Next up, N. maxima 'superba':
N_maxima_var_superba_1.sized.jpg

Finally, a new favorite, N. truncata x ventricosa:
N_truncata_x_ventricosa_1.sized.jpg

Capslock

Hi Capslock
Great looking plants and looking in the very best of health,nice
Bye for now julian

That N. maxima looks very very similar to a form I have. COuld you give me a little more history on the plant Max? PM me if you wish.

Thanks
smile.gif

If you can just post the info, that would be cool too. I know a lot of Bruce Bednar crosses were made with maxima 'superba' and I would like to know the background.
It's gorgeous btw.

Cheers,

Joe

I wish I knew more about this rooted cutting. I picked it up at a local plant supplies store while I was buying somr lfs. Apparently, some local grower sold a few of his plants to them, and I happened to show up the next day. I also got a d. spatulata x capensis, which you don't see every day. Anyway, the label just says "N. maxima superba" followed by the female symbol. That's it. It had a similar pitcher to this one on it when I bought it, and I thought it looked great, so I grabbed it.

Capslock

Hmm Capslock can you tell me the local plant supplier? I live near to San Fran so I would like to check it out! Assuming it isn't CA Carnivores.

Sure, IceDragon. I got them at Plant It Earth on Market St. in San Francisco. I usually get pots and lfs and other supplies there.

Capslock.

Back